Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Six by Six Announcement

Hi, my name's Kevin, and I have GADD (Gamer's Attention Deficit Disorder).

Over the years that I've been writing this blog, I have found myself flitting from one period to the next and one rules set to the next. For example, I originally set up this blog to record campaigns in my fictional 18th century continent of Francesia. I quickly branched out to medieval, fantasy, sci-fi, air combat (my previous craze), etc. I call this tendency GADD, and I am having a bout of it now.

My current craze is for pulp sci-fi in the Slipstream universe.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/450922981410865893/

I've been toying with some ideas and have been keen on playing some games in this setting. I already have scenarios in mind and even wrote an introduction to one that I plan to play this weekend.

One thing I've learned since starting this blog is that I have to go with the flow, gaming-wise. As a result, I've decided to embrace my GADD and jump into Slipstream, which leads to the following 6 by 6 announcement:

  • Effective immediately, I am dropping my Zirconia campaign from my 6 by 6 list.
  • In its place will be Slipstream battles and skirmishes using modified FU (Freeform Universal) rules
I have already made the change on my 6 by 6 tracker. I am aware that I will be losing a game (the Battle of Vesta). Also, I will play out some rocketship battles, but I will use a modified version of Spandau and Lewis (and will record those battles under S&L rather than Slipstream)

No comments:

Post a Comment