Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 in Review

Because I am off work this week, I decided to get a head start on the end-of-year reflections. Last year, I noticed quite a few blogs (including the Stronghold Rebuilt) posted a pictorial year in review so that’s what I’m going to do this year (albeit with some commentary)

Early in the year, my focus was on the Grayrock Revolution, such as this battle in Balderdash Pass.
Battle of Balderdash Pass
 I briefly experimented with dungeon crawl rules. Using my latest version, we completed the quest for the Silver Psalter.

Fighting the necromancer and his zombie hordes
 Then I went into a lull. I experimented with paper miniatures (although I never used them)

A paper medieval army
 In June, I caught World Cup Fever.I began experimenting with a set of soccer rules I found via The Miniatures Page. These eventually morphed into rules for a grav-ball style game.

From there, my interest turned medieval. I began a series of battles set in medieval Francesia, where Redgravian raiders attacked the settlements of the crumbling Empire.

Ragnar's Raid
Medieval battles:
This one in 6mm
Disaster in Transflumia
And one in 2mm

 Late in the year, my attention shifted to sci fi combat. I scratch built some spaceships and engaged in battles among the stars.

Battle of Artemesia

Then my sci fi forces landed upon an alien planet and duked it out with the army of a dictatorial coup.

Battle of Selenia

2 comments:

  1. I did two reviews on The Stronghold last year - one with just favourite pictures from the year, and another which looked back at the most popular posts for each month. This year's are already under construction :)

    I've enjoyed reading your blog over this year. Your take on the square grid games has inspired and filtered back into my own attempts, and I really like the fact that you set everything in a world of your own. I can never quite get that side of things to come together, and find myself wanting to root my games in some kind of real history instead.

    Have a good Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you have enjoyed it. I consider it a great compliment coming from someone who has inspired my gaming! Merry Christmas

      Delete