Saturday, May 3, 2014

Quick Update - Catan

I played Settlers of Catan with Elizabeth and Jimmy a few weeks ago. Here is a picture of the final board.

This was a really unusual board. You may notice that the hills, which are the source of bricks, are numbered 2, 3, and 11. This means that the probability of getting bricks was extremely low which made it very difficult to build roads and settlements. (If you are unfamiliar with the rules of Settlers you may want to watch Wil Wheaton's Tabletop session about it).

Because of the rarity of bricks, I changed my strategy. Instead of building, I focused on buying development cards, which can give you victory points. In this way, I amassed 2 vps + the largest army which provided another 2 vps. These points along with my 2 settlements and 2 cities helped me to the 10 vps needed for victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment