Saturday, April 6, 2013

FUBAR Test Battle

My wife and I played a test battle of FUBAR tonight. I had simplified them a bit - I created a roster of the different troop types involved in our battle (based on what plastic figures I had available).

I created two armies composed as follows:


Unit

Quality

Act

Move

Fight

Def
Commander (mounted)
Elite
2+
4 sp
4+
3+
Leader (foot)
Veteran
3+
2 sp
4+
3+
Lancers
Veteran
3+
4 sp
4+
2+ Chrg
4+
Cavalry
Seasoned
4+
4 sp
5+
4+
Archers
Veteran
3+
2 sp
4+
5+
Swords
Seasoned
4+
2 sp
5+
4+
Spears
Seasoned
4+
2 sp
4+
5+
Vet Swords
Veteran
3+
2 sp
4+
4+

Notes:

  • Act = FUBAR Activation (roll needed for the unit to act)
  • Move = # spaces on my grid (I converted to a gridded battle board)
  • Fight = FUBAR Expertise (roll needed for unit to hit)
  • Def = Defense (roll needed to save when hit)

Each side had one of each type listed above, except for Cavalry and Swords (2 units each). When I tried to explain the rules to my wife, her eyes glazed over and she complained that it was too difficult. So I simplified some more, and we ended up with the following:


Unit

Act

Move

Fight

Def
Leader
2+
2 or 4 sp
4+
3+
Horse
4+
4 sp
4+
4+
Foot
4+
2 sp
5+
5+

Each army had two leaders, one on foot and the other mounted. Interestingly, I really liked this simpler version, and it worked very well.

Full battle report planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment