Sunday, January 6, 2013

It Begins

It's not pretty yet, but we have lift off. I have started my new war-gaming blog. Over time, I'll learn how to spruce it up.

Why a war-gaming blog? I have been inspired by the many cool Imagi-nations blogs at the Emperor vs Elector site and I'd like to do something similar as I embark on a new phase in my war-gaming life.

I have been a life long gamer. I remember playing Afrika Korps and other Avalon Hill games with my Dad as a kid. From there I branched out into role-playing and miniatures in addition to board games. Recently, I have been playing a lot of computer and video games. World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls in particular have absorbed a lot of my gaming time over the past few years.

Lately, I have become a bit jaded with computer and video games (sorry Elizabeth ;)). While they are enjoyable, they lack a certain something that board games and pen and paper games seem to have. So I have decided to get back into some old school gaming. I picked up some board games for both solo play and for play with my wife Elizabeth. I even ordered some miniatures and plan to start a campaign with them.

In this blog, I'll be posting updates on my projects and battle reports from games that I play, Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment